Tuesday, October 6, 2015

The Original 160 Scriptures Mastery Verses with Links


Update: Now with links and columns! I may cry with joy (or fury, if the formatting doesn't work out). You have no idea how hard that was for me.  The links take you to the chapter and then you scroll down until you get to the highlighted verse. If I got a link wrong, let me know and I'll fix it.

Having just spent an inordinate amount of time seeking out the list from which I memorized scriptures back in the stone ages, I am going to put it here, so I can easily find it. Feel free to correct me in the comments if any of them are wrong. Many thanks to the anonymous person who went digging in her in-laws' crawlspace for the information. And thanks to my friend "JoAnnaBeth" for sending me hunting.









Update, 8 October 2015: My friend Julia G. pointed out this handy dandy chart. I found it fascinating, so I'm sharing it with you. I'm fairly sure the verses in the left column are the replacements for the list above and the ones on the right are their replacements. Nothing so constant as change.

6 comments:

shenna said...

NO WAY would I have Ever Ever EVER figured out how to do that! Brian and I have decided to work on this together and to use the Scripture Master scriptures. SOOOO - this is a Gift for me from you - even if that isn't what you intended...;) Thanks, Hugs and Love!

Jami said...

I figured it would help someone. I'm glad it was you and Brian. I like you two! I wanted to quit halfway through, but having come so far, I thought I'd see it through.

Johanna said...

I studied the Old Testament in 1984/85 and my list of 40 differs slightly. Scriptures dropped: Genesis 14:20, Exodus 28:1, Deuteronomy 4:2, Deuteronomy 18:18-22, 1Kings 18:21, Proverbs 13:1, Isaiah 8:19-20, Jeremiah 16:16-21, Amos 9:8-9. Scriptures added: Moses 1:39, Moses 7:18, Abraham 3:22-23, Exodus 19:5-6, Leviticus 19:18, Deuteronomy 18:10-12, Psalms 1:1-3, Proverbs 15:1-2, Daniel 1:8. Interesting!

-blessed b9, Catalyst4Christ said...

Amen, sis.
Cya Upstairs soon...
maybe this Easter
for our Rapture...

Pappa Ed the Pepper Head said...

I did Scripture Chase "Seminary" in 1977-80. I've been wanting to do a list like this. Thank you VERY much. Making my own with my farvorites also mixed in. Love haveing a "Compleat" list.

Jami said...

You're welcome, Pappa Ed.