Monday, January 12, 2009

Transcription the New Time-sucker

So...apparently I say um, uh and pause twenty seconds between words on a regular basis. The good news is that it only took fifteen minutes to deliver my talk. The bad news is that I'm only half finished with the transcription. The other bad news is that this gem of mine needs a little cutting and polishing before it will be fit for your discerning eyes.

I always turned my papers in late in college too. As it turns out one of my ancestral family mottos is "SERO SED SERIO" which (I've been told) means "Late but in earnest." It's a motto I live by.

10 comments:

Heidi said...

The best things in life are worth waiting for.

Annette Lyon said...

I had to transcribe some stuff as a secretary. Miserable! I'm sure you did great.

Alison Wonderland said...

I'm sure it was fine. Ums and Ah and all.

Jo said...

Glad it went well!

April said...

(drumming fingers on laptop) SIGH....Fine! I'll just check back tomorrow then!

Happy transcribing!!!

Jami said...

Sorry about that. I didn't get anything at all done on it yesterday. I'll get on it.

MakingChanges said...

Fab family motto! Excited to see the finished product. My hubby got asked to speak in church on Sunday, maybe if you post the talk I'll just copy it for him (hahaha- did you read Heidi's plagarism post???).

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Ha ha hahaha haha Late, but in earnest. I love it. And I think we are related.

I never finish transcribing my talks because I always try to make it better and then I get distracted.

Jami said...

Crash,
Precisely! It seemed so profound when I was giving it, but now...I keep seeing all the unraveled edges!

YB4E,
He's welcome to it if only I get it in time.

Jami said...

"get it done"